Summer Arts Camp Volunteers Needed
Our camps offer multidisciplinary art projects for kids entering 2nd through 7th grades. Each camp lasts 5 days, and is an adventure in Drama as well as 2D and 3D Visual Art.
Our volunteer assistants will:
- work closely with a SAC teacher in a classroom of children
- assist with 3 classes a day (1&2, 3&4, and 5&6 graders) for 5 days, from approximately 8:45am – 12:15pm, except on Friday, which will be a little longer for the closing program and final clean up
- receive a daily snack with the kids and a SAC t-shirt
- receive 2 letters for the resume packet from NCLAC about your service: 1 from the Educational Coordinator and 1 from a Board Member
- build your resume
- gain experience in an arts education capacity
- see young lives enriched by the arts
The dates for the camps are as follows:
- June 4-8 Farmerville
- June 11-15 Homer
- June 18-22 Ruston 1
- June 25-29 Ruston 2
- July 9-13 Jonesboro
- July 16-20 Ruston 3
- July 23-27 in Arcadia
Peach Art Exhibit Volunteers Needed
The North Central Louisiana Arts Council is currently looking for volunteers to assist with their annual Peach Art Exhibit. Below you will find detailed information including dates, times, and responsibilities. The Peach Art Exhibit Chair Laura Hunt-Miller will be available at all times to assist volunteers.
CHECK IN VOLUNTEERS
NCLAC will need two volunteers for the short following shifts on Thursday, June 14th to assist in checking in artwork. This involves accepting payment, assisting in filling out entry form, and checking pieces to make sure they are wired, dried, and ready to hang.
HANGING CREW VOLUNTEERS
NCLAC will need a total of five super-volunteers to help with hanging of the artwork on Friday, June 15th. These individuals need to have prior experience in hanging artwork or be willing to learn!! We will start at 9am and go until done!
Anyone may volunteer for more than one shift or for both days if they like. All interested parties please contact the NCLAC offices at 255-1450 or email Leigh Anne Chambers, Executive Director at email@example.com.