North LA Gay & Lesbian Film Festival Opens this Weekend!
Shreveport, LA – September 14, 2011
The 3rd North Louisiana Gay & Lesbian Film Festival opens Friday, September 16 and runs through Thursday, September 22 at the Robinson Film Center in downtown Shreveport, LA, with celebrity guest Bruce Vilanch. Opening weekend features:
- Opening night reception, Friday, September 16, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. with celebrity guest Bruce Vilanch, six-time Emmy winner and hilarious premier Hollywood comedy writer and stand-up comedian best-known as head writer and panelist on Hollywood Squares and as head writer for over a decade of Academy Awards shows.
- Opening night screening of the film Get Bruce with introduction before and Q & A after with Bruce Vilanch; 7:45 p.m. following the reception.
- Stand-up comedy performance by Bruce Vilanch on Saturday, September 17 at 7:15 p.m.
- Screenings of the films Undertow, Wish Me Away, Hollywood to Dollywood, Leave It on the Floor, Gen Silent, andThy Will Be Done. (All films will repeat after the weekend throughout the week along with a collection of original submission short films on Wednesday, September 21.)
- A panel will follow the 3:15 p.m., Sunday, September 18th showing of Gen Silent, the critically-acclaimed film that asks if the generation that fought hardest to come out will return to the closet to survive in the care system. Best-selling crime novelist Patricia Cornwell says, “Every single person should see this film. It deserves an Oscar.”
Tickets for all events and films can be purchased at the Robinson Film Center (617 Texas St., 318-459-4122) or online atwww.robinsonfilmcenter.org (click on Movies then Special Events for the Festival Schedule and ticket sales). For additional information see the film festival web site: www.nlglff.org.
The film festival is sponsored by PACE, “People Acting for Change and Equality,” north Louisiana’s leading advocacy organization for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community (www.pacelouisiana.org).