National Biennial Juried Exhibition
hosted by Louisiana Tech University
2 March – 7 April 2011
2 January 2011 Entry Deadline
Louisiana Tech University is accepting submissions for its
first national juried competition, Louisiana Purchase: National
Biennial Juried Exhibition. This is a multi-media show for
2 dimensional works (including video) exploring any theme.
Best in Show $500 + a solo
exhibition at LA Tech in 2012-13
Juror’s Choice $300
• All entries must be created by the artist(s) submitting the
work within the past 5 years.
• Monetary values for each work must be given for insurance
purposes. Louisiana Tech University does not handle art
sales. Any inquiries will be forwarded to the artist.
• Media is open, but work must be two dimensional, ready
to hang on wall with wire or cleats. Unusual hanging or
installation methods must be approved. Video works need
to be high quality DVD.
• Work should not exceed 60″ in width or 84″ in height
(including frame) and not exceed 50 lbs.
• Accepted artists must sign an Exhibition Contract.
• LA Tech reserves the right to reproduce submitted images
for all media and publicity purposes.
• LA Tech reserves the right to reject work that differs from
Artists are responsible for shipping both ways. Work must
be packed in sturdy, reusable boxes with proper protection
(at least 1″ of packing material between box and artwork).
Return shipping must be prepaid and enclosed with artwork.
Do not use packing peanuts. Louisiana Tech University is
not responsible for any damage incurred in transit. Shipping
insurance is encouraged.
• No more than 5 entries are allowed.
• A non-refundable submission fee of $25 for up to 3 entries is
required, with a $5 fee for each additional work submitted
(for a total of no more than 5 entries).
• Submission fees must be paid online at the time of entry.
There also will be a user fee added to the submission fee for
online application (flat fee of $5 for up to 5 images with no
video and flat fee of $10 for up to 5 images and/or video).
• Online entry must be complete to be accepted. Submission
via artlatech.slideroom.com will serve as artist’s signature
and agreement to all terms and conditions. Accepted artists
will also receive an exhibition agreement at a later date.
• Submit materials via artlatech.slideroom.com
no later than 11:59 pm CST Sunday 2 January 2011.
• Communication regarding acceptance to the exhibition
will be via email. Please do not call or email for updates.
Additional assistance and details for image preparation can
be found at slideroom.zendesk.com. Suggested image
settings for best possible quality and ease of viewing for juror:
– jpeg file format
– sRGB color profile
– 1024 x 768 pixels for image files
– 640 pixels on longest edge for video files
– 72 ppi resolution
– image submissions should not be larger than 5MB per file
– video submissions should be .mov or .wmv file format not
exceeding 5 minutes and no larger than 60MB per file.